[Magdalen] Vanity plates

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 17:45:55 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/1/2016 12:23:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kate.conant at gmail.com writes:

I once  saw a plate that said "HRLYLDY"  and I wondered why an "Hourly
Lady"
would advertise that. It turns out it stood for "Harley  Lady"!

Kate>>>>>>>>

The only vanity plate I ever owned was a plate I kept on my car
for about ten years:  W.A.Mozart.  I chose this when I  discovered
JS Bach was already taken.

Such as car plates used to be a very informal affair in Wisconsin,
and I always strived otherwise to have the lowest number possible

Getting a one digit plate was impossible, because they were reserved
for the officials in the state government.  But two and three  digit
plates were easy to reserve over the phone.  They just put them
aside until payment was received.

I can't imagine such a situation
in the DMV of Pennsylvania.  Over and beyond the strict rules,  there
are surly employees managing the phones in Harrisburg.  By  contrast,
my experience with various USA Federal offices has been with pleasant
employees, eager to help.  Maybe I'm just prejudiced by 30 years  in
the VA.

David Strang.