[Magdalen] Thunderbird Question

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 2 14:32:47 UTC 2016

I have switched to Thunderbird as mail app in part because there's a
plug in that allows for a larger font with high contrast which helps as
my eye continues to deteriorate ( can;t do the Cornea Transplant because
of the possible conflicts with the cancer and related drugs).

But am having a problem.

I use multiple mailbox names and  addresses -- which works fine on
inbound mail. My jguthrie at pipeline.com is set as my default, but i use
the others in places like yahoo groups or with friends who send
boatloads of mail daily (one friend  sends as many as 70-80 emails on
transit, railroad and urban planning subjects a day). I use mailbox
rules to sort them into other folders

So -- here's my problem: when I respond to mail -- such as here,
Thunderbird does not pick up the default, nor does it pick up the reply
to from mags or others using the jguthrie at pipeline.com address. It picks
up the NEXT address in my list.

Any idea as to how to force TB to always use the reply/source address,
rather than the next one on the list?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Jim