[Magdalen] More prayers, PLEASE!

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 21:25:50 UTC 2016

There's a difference - septic systems should last a couple of decades at
least - ours up here in VT was pumped out last Spring - likely for the first
time since the house was built 50 years ago. (We had a *lot* of fun just
finding the stupid thing under a foot of snow in March). Cesspools, OTOH,
usually need to be pumped out more often - like every few years. Ours in
Mass. has been pumped twice in the 30 years we've been there, and it didn't
really need it either time. It may be that something is stuck in the
plumbing somewhere, not that the septic needs pumping. As Jim implies,
having a high water table and/or a lot of melting snow or rain can also
temporarily mess up a septic system. Don't assume it needs to be pumped out.

Having a house in bad shape does not mean you can't sell it - just that
you'll end up selling it for less (which is the case for our house in Mass.)
OTOH, title problems are definitely a major problem in selling a house. Get
the title cleared up - don't worry about what shape the house is in.

Lots of prayers -

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com