[Magdalen] More prayers, PLEASE!

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Feb 4 05:06:36 UTC 2016

On 2/3/16 3:09 PM, Susan Hagen wrote:
> Oh God Jay, enough already.  Septic problems are beyond nasty.  I had
> the system in our NH house back up into the basement TWICE!  It was
> undersized and no one had ever told this city dweller the damn things
> have to be pumped out periodically.

They mostly don't need pumping, if they're working properly.
Micro-organisms that are doing their job liquefy everything, and it all
goes into the soil out of the leach lines.  Sometimes too much
inappropriate stuff (like synthetic fibers that don't biodegrade) gets
flushed down and clogs things, sometimes too much stuff like chlorine
and other micro-organism killers massacres the proper population (you
can be _too_ sanitary in your bathroom: I mostly use white vinegar)(you
can rebuild the proper critter population with cultures that are
marketed for septic tanks), sometimes tree or shrub roots invade and
fill the leach lines (the reason for roto-rooter).

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net