[Magdalen] Septic Tanks

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Feb 4 05:21:27 UTC 2016

I guess I should have said you need to know how to live with one.  I
have lived with one ever since I was born (except for a few years when I
was in college, married, and moving around), and learned how early.
I've always known what not to flush, which includes anything plastic as
well as synthetic fibers: some plastics are biodegradable, most are not.
  And you've got to think of those critters down there as your _friends_
(with somewhat different tastes than you have), and be careful not to
poison them.  They aren't the disease bacteria that you buy the
cleansing products to kill.  And know where your leach lines are, and
keep woody plants away from them.  All that said, there _are_ some soil
types and drainage patterns, the "lay of the land", that are just not
suitable for septic tanks.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net