[Magdalen] A great sadness

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 02:04:16 UTC 2016

Last evening at Marions rehearsal, Tony, our director for 20 years, told
us that he and his wife are retiring to Nanaimo, BC, and this is his
last season with us.  Realistically, this will be the end of the Marion
Singers, the eponymous /a capella/ chamber choir. More than a singing
group, we are a tight bunch of friends who have loved making music
together.  And over 20 years of monthly concerts we have been the means
by which many churches have raised money for whatever, because we sing
at zero cost to the host asking only for water or a light snack to
sustain us while they sell the tickets and do publicity for their own gain.

We're not getting any younger and we've had a good run, but what a
terrible loss it will be to me personally after these 25 years of
singing really good stuff with really good friends.  :-(((( Another page
turning in my ever-changing story.  Onward and upward.

Marion, a pilgrim