[Magdalen] A great sadness

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 03:51:38 UTC 2016

Go for it Scott!! Something to do for yourself!
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 4, 2016, at 9:03 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

David: You and Marion are making me yearn to find a way to sing again.
Some demon within keeps me from doing what's needed to get into a good
musical situation: "I'll never be able to commit to consistent
rehearsal attendance." "All the groups that do repertoire I'd like to
sing are several leagues more proficient than I."

I do get a thrill from chanting the Epistle to the "fancy tone" on
holy days, like the Presentation this past Tuesday night. I think it's
up to me when to do it (and some subdeacons never do, which is fine),
but I figure if we had a solemn procession, we need the fancy Epistle
tone. I think it almost upstages the Gospel tone.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA