[Magdalen] A great sadness

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:14:18 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't there also a Chicago Gay Men's Chorus? Most big cities have one, and
> they're usually pretty darn good, also very welcoming.

We've got one, but I really can't imagine myself doing showtunes or
drag spoofs.

I'd have to go to a couple of concerts first.

Probably the group I'd look at is the William Ferris Chorale. Their
director once hired me to sing the part of Jesus, in Latin, in the
Good Friday passion at Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Never sang Latin so
fast in my life. The Evangelista set a breakneck pace and made up some
words, I think. Paid well, though.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA