[Magdalen] Madeline Albright.

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:28:56 UTC 2016

Sigh...and I wish it were all over already...

Given the enormous size of the USA, the high levels of education and skill
from sea to shining sea, and the political sophistication that is possible
in a nation like that: I cannot for the life of me understand how
the political system threw out this particular crowd.

 It seems like the more choice you have, the lower the common denominator
gets...

Bernie looks to me like a more agreeable, wittier and more well fed version
of Britain's unelectable Jeremy Corbyn, with similar unelectable policies.
I wish people would listen to him but doubt that they will.

Hillary looks like a woman who'll say anything and do anything to get Back
In There but at least will do so intelligently. Her knowledge of the world
and other Governments is reassuring for people outside the USA. I can't see
why anyone should vote for her based on her gender - but I do wonder
whether, as a woman candidate, she is subject to
damned-if-you-do-and-damned-if-you-don't, much more than any male
candidate.

To survive mentally she must have more layers than an onion, like Shrek -
which only plays into the can't-be-trusted stereotype...but I reckon she
would do the right thing most of the time, as Obama has. And anyone who saw
that footage from the White House during the Bin Laden compound assault
could see that she's no cold fish, nor lacking in imagination.

As for the GOP candidates I've seen so far, Ben Carson looks like a decent
chap and I'd be happy to have him check out my X rays, but that's it. The
rest are a "tinnitus of trolls" (my fave collective noun for trolls). Their
speeches seem to contain nothing but various ugly dog whistles and
schoolyard taunting....certainly nothing that sounds like adult leadership;
though Jeb Bush came close the other day. Which is something I can't
believe I'd ever hear anyone say, let alone say it myself!!

The Donald, as Trevor Noah already said more than once, looks and talks
like an African dictator - or maybe the bigger whiter brother of Kim
Jong-un. Hmm...unique hairdo, little rosebud mouth, piggy eyes, tiny
hands...might be something in that!

But you've got to admire someone who's managed to get every Liberal in the
country with a Facebook account to post somethng about HIM every single
day, and sometimes several times a day. My newsfeed is Trumped every few
hours, and usually by someone who basically doesn't support him.

Sally D

On Monday, 08 February 2016, James Oppenheimer-Crawford <
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com