[Magdalen] Madeline Albright.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Feb 8 17:49:34 UTC 2016

I have to say that this thread wearies me.  Bernie could never be President
of the US.  His domestic policies/comments are good, solid, unoriginal
(Elizabeth Warren said them first and better).  He knows nothing on the
global policy front, and this is obvious -- and extremely crucial in this
election cycle.  He simply can't do it.  Plus, he's too old to count on for
8 years (as was Reagan, for those who are keeping track -- if international
crises of the current magnitude had come along in Reagan's 2nd term, the US
would have been sunk).

Hillary, on the other hand, is the total package.  Before she was Sec'y of
State, she had dedicated herself to domestic issues, particularly health
care and family issues.  Then she got the global creds she needs to be
President in this time and place.  I don't get the other stuff/complaints
about her.  Of course she tweaks her policy statements to have greater
appeal to the electorate -- all candidates do this.  The whole
"untrustworthy" thing with regard to Hillary is completely made up.  She
has been amazingly consistent and honest.

Bernie, God love him, has done his best to do this with regard to global
affairs, but his knowledge is painfully, obviously thin.  On a calmer
global stage, his domestic policy would dominate.  I get the energy among
younger people, but they just don't get the need for global experience
right now -- maybe in future elections, their agenda can and will
dominate.  But not this year -- please.

As for the comments about Carly, the complaints about Trump apply to her.
Failed business people with no public service experience at all need not
apply.  The only one even vaguely qualified on the Republican front is
Kasich, and he doesn't seem to stand a chance.  The others are simply
crazy, and the larger electorate knows this.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu