[Magdalen] Madeline Albright.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Feb 9 04:18:30 UTC 2016

On 2/8/16 11:49 AM, Ann Markle wrote:
> As for the comments about Carly, the complaints about Trump apply to her.
> Failed business people with no public service experience at all need not
> apply.  The only one even vaguely qualified on the Republican front is
> Kasich, and he doesn't seem to stand a chance.  The others are simply
> crazy, and the larger electorate knows this.

Dr. Ben Carson is not "crazy".  He is not experienced at operating in
politics, and to me, that's a point in his _favor_.  Even with my own
limited experience doing politics, I've gotten inured to "Dirty Tricks",
and take them entirely too much for granted, as Cruz's Dirty Trick
(which he claims (HA) that he didn't know was happening) with the vote
in the Iowa caucuses made me realize: it was a double play, hurting the
vote for both Dr. Carson and Trump, working to Cruz's advantage both
ways.  While I personally didn't like it, Dr. Ben was both surprised and
shocked.  He's an ethical man, and anybody who's been in politics for a
while is _less_ ethical.  If he did get to be President, he'd be
oriented to doing the _right_ thing, not the expedient thing. (Hillary
always does the expedient thing, even when it involves direct lying to
the people, as about Benghazi (her released e-mail to Chelsea shows
clearly that she knew the truth, and would tell her daughter the truth,
while blandly lying to the public).  Dr. Ben would have plenty of
experienced advisers who know the ins and outs of foreign policy and
politics, and be able to decide for himself and the country what was the
_right_ thing to do.

He _has_ been involved in both Public Service and especially Education,
and invested his own money in these, even during his career as a
surgeon.  See his Scholarship Fund http://carsonscholars.org/
for example, of long standing.  Jim Guthrie made some snarky remarks
about his benefiting from Affirmative Action and from free eyeglasses
(when he was eight years old!) and food stamps (which he and his mother
and his brother never _liked_ taking, but _needed_ when she was working
three or four jobs as a domestic) -- well, he's been busy paying that
back, the whole time.  And even in High School, he _earned_ his
scholarships, with hard work.  Affirmative Action made it _possible_ for
him to get them, with a lot more hard work than white students might
have had at the same time.  His Scholarship Fund organization makes it
possible for _all_ students to get scholarships, not just black kids or
any other minorities.  He wants the children to be judged according to
the content of their character, not the color of their skins, as another
famous man once said.  He's for UNIFYING the country, not dividing it.
He's also been using his habit of hard work all the time to study the
things like foreign policy, think about them, get the information, and
theorize about them.  Your Obama may be a Constitutional Expert, but he
appears to have gotten that expertise to find ways to get around the
Constitution when it's not expedient for his goals.  Dr. Ben studies it
to find out why X item is there, and how it works.

The larger electorate _does_ know how politicians work, and doesn't want
any more of that in the highest office, the policy-making office.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net