[Magdalen] Election

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Feb 11 03:41:01 UTC 2016

On 2/10/16 11:37 AM, Ann Markle wrote:
> This is not true.  Hillary did get one less.  And, as Eleanor pointed out,
> this is the way the political system works.  The pundits, which I enjoy
> watching, have been saying for a long time that it's the delegates that
> count, and that's what candidates need to pay attention to.  That's part of
> how Obama got it from Clinton in 2008.  It pays to fact-check your sources,
> Sib.

Oh, I'm aware that that's the way the rules work, and Hillary and Bernie
know it too.  I'd say that the use of the word "stole" was too harsh,
but I wanted people to realize that the delegates that Hillary did get
from New Hampshire were _not_ the result of New Hampshire people voting
for her, even proportionally, but the result of calling in political
debts and pull from her many years.  The way the rules work is "Politics
as usual".  And I don't have a horse in that race:  I don't want either
of them for President.  And just forwarding the article saved me a lot
of work writing it myself, or maybe just gently paraphrasing the article
and then being nabbed for copyright infringement.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net