[Magdalen] Fire in Salinas.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 14 01:12:49 UTC 2016

A part of the center of Salinas's "Old Town" is on fire right now, focused on the old Dick Bruhn store (clothes).  Store's been vacant for years, but other entities are closely adjacent, if not directly connected, not the least of which is the children's theatre troupe "Ariel", and right next to that, our Thai-American fusion restaurant I've talked about so much.  It's an old brick block, and easily incinerated.  Driving toward it on Main Street just now, seeing the big, black, billows of smoke belching into the sky, I could only cry.