[Magdalen] Human Resources (was Re: Lottery tickets)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 18:28:06 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/14/2016 8:33:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

I  remember well when the University of Toronto's Personnel Dept., became
Human Resources, part of its downward spiral  into the corporate
model.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't get me started on the HR at the VAMC's (at least the locals).
They are the single blot on the organization for which I worked for  30
years.  They should have taken the initiative for most of my  retirement
arrangements, but it was, instead, up to me to winnow and sift  through
the years and patch things together, often years after they should
have been accomplished.

The downward spiral from "personnel" to "human resources"
parallels the same real deterioration of service with the telephone
companies moving from "information" to "directory assistance."

David Strang.