[Magdalen] The Gospel According to Ellen: Living a Practical Theology of Love | john pavlovitz

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:58:41 UTC 2016

She was interviewed years ago by comedian Martin Short's character
Jiminy Glick, and he commented that she was never mean or boastful (He
then added, "I know the audience is thinking, 'What would she boast
about? But that's not the point...'"). She responded, "I just believe
you don't have to be mean to be funny."

Jiminy got a little choked up as he said, "I just want to say, Ellen
DeGeneres, that you're everything I'd hoped you'd be...and just a
little bit less."

He also interviewed Mel Brooks, and among his questions was, "What's
your beef with the Nazis?" Mel went wide-eyed and said, "What's my
beef with the Nazis? Well, they were rude, I guess."

Jiminy's an acquired taste. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA