[Magdalen] Prosperity Gospel

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Feb 16 20:27:03 UTC 2016

>>Yeah, wow.

>And WEIRD.

I realize it's a far different theological world than the one we inhabit
here and in Mainline (or even RC Churches), but it's also a widely-held
belief system fundamental to many popular/mega churches.

There's considerable difference between Christianity inspired by
American History and Mythology and the "Faith of our Fathers" our
ancestors brought with them from Europe.

I sometimes get a sense that we don't equip our parish members to handle
the differences, and so some people leave for what they see as a
positive approach, while others drift away because they don;t think the
Prosperity Gospel approach is right, but they aren;t being fed in a way
that keeps them in the fold.

Cheers,
Jim :