[Magdalen] Prosperity Gospel

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Feb 17 16:44:56 UTC 2016

That was the same in Tennessee, Jay, except the Mennonites I saw mostly
(the others look like everyone else) were the ones that dressed in long
dresses and little lace caps, and the men with pants and suspenders.  I
never saw any buggies, though, in and around Crossville.  They were known
for their excellent construction, woodworking, and leather work, as well as
"old fashioned" stores with lots of spices, good butter (in rolls, rather
than sticks), and out-of-this-world baked goods.  Muddy Pond was a
well-known settlement where you could go for good leather and food, a kind
of tourist attraction.  Incidentally, I just read this editorial in the
Sunday Times, and found it most interesting.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu