[Magdalen] SC primary?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 16:10:23 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/22/2016 10:38:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

<<<<My paternal grandmother became completely  disillusioned with the
Republicans during Watergate. She'd voted for Nixon  and was PO'd to the
max.>>>>>>

I could be your grand parents, since my political journey parallels
theirs remarkably.  Nixon was the last Republican for whom I  voted.

My parents were the common moderate Republicans of the Upper
Midwest.  My father had actually been active in the Progressive  Party
(Robert LaFollette), and when that movement morphed over into the
Republicans, dad did too.

I can recall daily diatribes about the bad boys:  Hitler, Mussolini\,
and ToJo during WW-2, and sometimes, remarkably, the list would
include FDR.  My father always mispronounced Roosevelt to rhyme
with "choose."  He didn't see anything rosy in FDR.  I should add  that
the list included fairly regularly, the Pope.

And yet, there was my bursting into tears when I saw FDR's  convertible
(with all those pedals to allow him to drive) at Warm Springs, GA
Things change.

David Strang.