[Magdalen] Happy 2016

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:46:34 UTC 2016

We were invited to a New Year's party that began at '5:30 - until???'.  I
accepted before remembering that we do not do New Year parties.  I said ok
out of a sense of obligation.  But mid-morning today, John and I realized
that we are tired and simply did not want to go to a party tonight.  I
emailed the host, who had emailed us the invitation, and told him the
truth.  We are tired and will be asleep long before midnight.  So, we have
watched the Clemson game, cooked small tenderloins, and will be asleep long
before midnight.

Ginny and Barbie will return tomorrow after spending a few days in
Charleston.  They will watch fireworks over the Ravenel Bridge from their
place on the restaurant deck over the Charleston Harbor....it is raining,
so don't know what will be possible.  We will feast tomorrow with them
right here....my favorite meal of the year.  And, this will be just right.

John and I don't party much any longer, by our choice.  I gave up many of
the 'shoulds' in my life years ago...it is much better that way.  And, I am
a nicer person.  Scott, take the risk to express your wishes and follow
them through.  Love you!

Ginga