[Magdalen] Happy New Year

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 1 16:50:48 UTC 2016

Happy New Year Everyone!

We actually stayed up to see the ball drop in Times Square last night -- I had a
cheese plate and eggnog ready -- and champagne for midnight. Scranton forced the
issue with a big downtown fireworks display -- which lights up our apartment
from the windows and especially the skylight. Albert turns out the lights on
these occasions and we simply stare up at the skylight.

As I mentioned last year, I miss the Honeymooner Marathon that Channel 11/WPIX
runs each year, but last night, TMC more than made up for it with a "Thin Man"
marathon. Watched three of these William Powell/Myrna Loy classics, but had to
give up at 1:30 AM -- that’s about four hours later than my usual bedtime.

My resolution is to be as healthy a year from now (or better) than I am now.
Actuarial numbers say I have 4 1/2 years max, but I'm aiming to prove them
wrong.

Proving them wrong will be my resolution for coming years!

Today's project is to make my annual bacon and cheddar quiche, and maybe finish
the last can of pumpkin with Julia Child's Aunt's recipe )which includes
molasses and bourbon!).

Happy New year!

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie