[Magdalen] Transitions

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:18:05 UTC 2016

Dear ones,

The changes just keep on coming -

On Dec 22, my uncle Christopher Jefferson Parker died. He was my
mother's youngest sibling, born in 1930. His funeral is at St. Paul's
Episcopal Church in Riverside, CT on Jan 9th. I hope to be there. It's
a bit of a drive and I don't officially have leave from the office
yet.

On Dec 26, my son Michael Landrum started his drive to Vancouver, WA.
He arrived last night, Jan 2, as planned (after stops to see friends
in Nashville and Denver, and tourist stops in Las Vegas and the Avenue
of Giants in Humbolt County, CA). He has moved west permanently (in
Vancouver until September, when he moves to Seattle). I am totally in
favor of his move, and am unexpectedly sad that he is no longer here.
He's a good guy, and a great source of puns (a pundit?). Several of
you may remember him from various list gatherings through the years.
His first list meet was with Connie and Bill Jones, sometime in the
summer of 1997.

My father's memorial service is on Feb 13 at St. Andrew's Episcopal
Church in Downers Grove, IL. I plan to be there, along with daughter
Sam. Sister Anne flies in from Switzerland with her two offspring,
brother Pete will be there with most of his offspring. It will be
wonderful and difficult all in one package. Kind of like a family
gathering of any type.

How strange it is to wake up and be one of the elders.

hugs anyway - Cady