[Magdalen] Dinner tonight.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:10:09 UTC 2016

Red wine does not make chicken purple, it makes it brown. At least it did
mine. Always has. Of course I used chicken thighs. The stuff was darn good,
too.....sauteed a few slices of bacon, browned boneless skinless chicken
thighs in a deep cast iron skillet, then added a chopped onion, a bag of
carrots peeled and cut in chunks, some small potatoes scrubbed and
quartered, and some sliced mushrooms. Then poured in a cup of red wine and
2 cups of chicken broth, covered the pan, and put it in a 375F oven for an
hour and a half while I did something else. Came back and voilá, dinner was
ready!