[Magdalen] Prayer Request from Burns, Oregon

Bob Rea petard at petard.us
Mon Jan 4 15:36:26 UTC 2016

The Rt. Rev. Nedi Rivera, Provisional Bishop of Eastern Oregon, has passed
along the following from the pastor of an Episcopal/Lutheran community church
near the site of the “militia” takeover there this weekend.

>From St. Andrew’s Episcopal/Peace Lutheran/Living Waters Mission in Burns,
Oregon:

We have a rather tense situation in Burns with a bunch of militia from out of
state and some who are local. They have taken over a building on the local
wildlife reserve and are clearly seeking a confrontation with the federal
government. They are calling for another American revolution. Our schools are
shut down and life has been disrupted for everyone. We are watching strangers
who are coming to church, which normally we do not do. One militiaman came to
Church of the Living Waters and got up and left when I said that guns are for
hunting with and should never be used on human beings. Please pray for us and
light a candle for peace.

Pastor Matt
--
Bob Rea
http://www.petard.us

What do you say to Jesus when he comes again?
Where have you been? You said you were coming right back.