[Magdalen] Brightest and Best - The Epiphany, January 6, 2016.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 7 04:18:14 UTC 2016

I  have a version originally published by Berea College that I reprinted in a hymnal I compiled for our progressive Byzantine Catholic church for the Winter Pascha (November 15 through the Leavetaking of  the Encounter. )We also included Christian Unity and King Week Hymns. When we were still on the Julian Calendar, Theophany Eve fell on January 18 the beginning of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity--that arrangement was before the martyrdom of Dr. King but our parish had a Christian Unity Week that lasted the entire week as far back as the 60's and then about 20 years later I added Civil Rights Hymns for King Week.  In 1988 we celebrated the Millenium of   Christianity in Belarus and we had a full week's celebration to include liturgies in Greek, English, Old Slavonic, Belarusian and the Divine Liturgy of St James according to the Syriac Rite. We were fortunate to have a Melkite priest in our priests' association that was originally form the Syriac Rite and he was able to celebrate in English and Syriac

Joe

v-----Original Message-----