[Magdalen] Admission

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Thu Jan 7 21:14:01 UTC 2016

In the groups I've attended, you say "I'm so-and-so and I'm an alcoholic" before you share in the main meeting, and generally not thereafter.  Ending with the group forming a circle, holding hands, and saying the Lord's Prayer is normal but not universal.  Some people just maintain silence during the LP.

Group practices and dynamics vary.  The rule of thumb in early recovery is "90 meetings in 90 days," which ought to provide a good cross-sampling.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain