[Magdalen] Admission

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 8 23:38:53 UTC 2016

On 08/01/2016 21:27, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:

> I have also observed the downside of attending too many different
> meetings all over town where one possibly does not solidify a sense of
> companionship/camaraderie but instead might slip into stagnant
> behavior because 'nobody knows your name' (I say that to mean that
> when this happens often the sense of connection among members is
> traded in for a more self-oriented attendance mode, not engagement mode).

I am not a 12-stepper and never have been but I can understand Lynn's
concern with that.  Dropping into a sequence of meetings because "I need
to check in" does not always mean the personal involvement that is
necessary to making a fresh start.  That fresh start really needs
digging down, going through the process (be it 12 step or something
else) so that it addresses the inner personality at a deep level, rather
than ticking boxes of simply being there in body but not necessarily spirit.

Roger