[Magdalen] Recovery query.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 10 02:41:49 UTC 2016

Anything to get away from discussion about varying experiences of AA, eh?  :-)=

Query:  From the purely "oral fixation" aspect of alcoholism, what do some of you substitute for alcohol?  And don't say, Well, Mike, just about anything.  (Anyone who's been to AA knows the obvious answer is caffeine and nicotine.)  But when you've lived with 40% for 13 years, substitutes can be a mystery.  My first guess is my favorite substitute for sugary sodas:  seltzer water.  The carbonic acid that results from the combining of H2O and CO2 has a nice flavor, I think, and is greatly superior to club soda, and certainly superior to tonic water with its quinine-ishness.