[Magdalen] Recovery query.

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sun Jan 10 03:15:15 UTC 2016

I go for diet tonic water with lime.  The usual, if not medically sound, course is to shift your addiction from booze to sugar.  I remember practically worshipping vanilla cupcakes for a while.  Not recommended.

At the suggestion of a dear friend, I betook myself to Detox for four surprisingly peaceful days.  I didn't have much trouble with detoxing from alcohol, but about a month later, I got quite ill from all the associated organics (esters, ethers, etc.) emerging from my tissues.

It's not just about the booze, though.  "In addiction, 15% of the problem is the substance of choice; 85% is the other shit."  Recovery is about the other shit.  Sadly, AA has many members who fail to "work the program" and stay stuck in the immaturity and self -absorption of alcoholism.

BTW, the 12 Steps are good spiritual hygiene for anyone.

My 1/100 of a toonie.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain