[Magdalen] [SPAM?] Re: Les Huguenots.

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Sun Jan 10 17:23:02 UTC 2016

At one time the 5th most common surname in France.

Laurent is my dad's surname. The family MIGHT have been French, but rumor has it they had another surname (no records in Orleans Parish earlier than 19th Century), and someone had to change it to ease his flight from prosecution. Rumors that he murdered a plantation overseer over the favors of a young lady... But no documentation if that either, alas!

Nonetheless, it's MY surname... I've done my share to sully it! HaHaHa

Arthur

Sent from my iPad