[Magdalen] Mike & Everett face a demon.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 21:18:46 UTC 2016

IT is interesting what we don't/didn't know or get taught "the basics", and
sometimes the reason why.

Either by admission or by my own deduction, I discovered some unique reasons
why I never washed clothes, or knew how to do so until I landed at college
(my mom had to do her family of origin's laundry growing up and she wanted
to 'spare' her kids). I was the laughing stock of the dorm when I needed to
ask what to do. In retrospect, there were a few neglectful things that
happened to me growing up and I think not even telling me how to do my
laundry when I headed to college may have fallen in that category <gdr>
As adult who has discerned a number of quirks about myself as having their
genesis in my growing up years, I am sometimes amazed at what I failed to do
for my kids because it never occurred to me, or was not done to/for me, all
the while my kids experienced their peers having a different experience then
their own in many areas, and as is sometimes just human nature, never talked
about it until their 'scarred for life' years, post 30.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr