[Magdalen] One down

BANFUR3 at aol.com BANFUR3 at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 22:36:46 UTC 2016

Sending prayers.  I know this is very hard.
Eileen in Northern Illinois

In a message dated 1/10/2016 1:29:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

(((jay))))

Holding you in prayer.
Lynn

Sent from  my iPhone

On Jan 9, 2016, at 9:59 PM, Jay Weigel  <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

Today was my Adam's funeral service  in the church where he was baptized and
brought up and where he was an  acolyte for many years. It was a most
amazing day, though a very hard one.  We began receiving friends an hour
before the service and I was absoutely  dumfounded by how many people showed
up. There were people I hadn't seen in  years, some since he was a little
boy, some since his high school days,  others I only knew from him talking
about them, some I didn't know at all.  The Swamp Rats turned out in force,
minus only two who live some distance  away, and even the other
local surviving Swamp Mom and Swamp Dad (different  families). His buddies
from the Guard were there, even those who had drill  this weekend and could
only beg off long enough to stop by and pay   their respects to the family.
One of my brothers was able to fly in from  San Francisco. The flowers were
done by a friend who had known Adam since  he was a teenager and had cut his
hair numerous times and done flowers for  all family occasions. The service
was performed by a deacon who'd known him  since he was a litte guy in
diapers. Lectors were old choir buddies of  mine, and eulogies were given by
Betsy's husband and one of Adam's closest  friends (and my other-son) who is
a career Army NCO. John touched on the  sucide rate of Iraq and Afghanistan
veterans very effectively in his talk  and I was grateful for that. It was
an incredibly hard but very beautiful  day but I wish I didn't have to do
it. This whole business just sucks.  Monday I have to bury my boy and
I'll have to leave him behind here in  Tennessee when I go back to Virginia.
This is just  WRONG.