[Magdalen] Mike & Everett face a demon.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 10 23:07:41 UTC 2016

On 10/01/2016 22:53, Eileen Kinney via Magdalen wrote:
> Hello Friends:
> I am ashamed to say I also knew nothing of cleaning and cooking until
> married.
>
> While at home I left dirty clothes on a chair in my bedroom and they showed
>   up clean in my closet and dresser.  In those years girls wore wool
> sweaters  and my Mom took wonderful care of them.

As the one who said we owe it to our kids to ensure they have basic
survival skills it's time to hold my own hand up.  I did not learn them
at home and I did not teach my son them, that largely because he spent
little time with me during his teens.  I'm not sure how I learnt to cook
because when I was at university cooking facilities (and money) were
very limited but by reading books I was able to put on a roast dinner
for 12 a few years later.  That was the high-point of my culinary
experise - back in 1971 :-)  Cakes I do not do but I know enbough not to
starve.

Roger