[Magdalen] An Unusual January Sound

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:30:34 UTC 2016

>From a different perspective we saw that as well. We had been getting rain
for some time, but it was holding off when I noticed the sky to the west
was black, to the extent that the outline of tree branches could no longer
be discerned.

Then, rain in a huge deluge, and then brightening in the west and rosy
sunset clouds.

We do get some marvelous sunsets you can't photograph since you have to
ignore all the trees in the foreground, but the horizon is actually several
miles away after the first hill.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford