[Magdalen] Curse on Masons

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:25:27 UTC 2016

I hope and pray that this request can be a gateway for a teaching moment...
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 12, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:

Knowing the vast amount of knowledge in this group, I've been meaning to
pose a question put to me by a parishioner a few weeks ago.  this morning I
googled it--and was horrified at what I found.

The parishioner, a well-meaning and sincere man in his late 70's, is always
very concerned about deliverance from evil spirits and that kind of
thing--was  involved in that kind of ministry when he was a member of Truro
Church in Fairfax, VA, some years ago.

He wanted to know if I knew of anyone who would know how to banish the
curse placed on Masons and their descendants by the Catholic Church. I was
completely clueless, had never heard of that, said I didn't know of anyone
offhand, and in any case, I doubted that the curse, which was apparently
put in place generations ago, would still be in effect. But I did tell him
I'd see what I could find out.

Well, there are dozens of links to this topic, and some of it gives me the
creeps. Indeed, the curse was to be generational, and descendants of Masons
need to be prayed for, or, if necessary, pray certain prayers for
deliverance themselves,  There are even prayers to pray for each of the
"layers" of Masonry folks might have risen to.

I think my parishioner was hoping there was a general prayer of deliverance
that would remove the curse from everyone who had ever been a Mason, but I
didn't find anything about that.  Frankly, I didn't read very far in any of
the links.

Anyway, now that I have had some of my questions answered, I'm still
curious as to whether anyone here has had experience with this.

I was so stunned at the time that I didn't think to ask about his specific
concern--whether it was for a family member or himself.  I had the feeling
it was more generic--he wants all the folks who might have been living
under the curse to be delivered from it.  I suppose if it's personal, I
could offer him those prayers and sit with him while he prays them...but
the whole thing is just weird, IMO.

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*We must cry out against injustice or by our silence consent to it.
Dorothy Day*