[Magdalen] Curse on Masons

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:44:00 UTC 2016

My father was very active in Masonry, and I was a Rainbow Girl.

A friend who's a Mason now was an RC seminarian at one time. He told me
that if a RC priest sees a Catholic wearing a Masonic apron, the priest
will refuse to bury him according to the rites of the church!

Masonry is huge north of Boston (Cape Ann to Portland, Maine). I heard
there were a thousand people in attendance at some ceremony last Fall. And,
of course, Shriner's Burns Unit next to MGH does incredible work every day,
and at no cost whatsoever to its patients. If that's not curse-lifting good
works, I don't know what is.

One funny thing. One year we were interviewing for a position and one of
the candidates slipped me the "secret handshake." I was flabbergasted. The
only time that ever happened to me.
-M