[Magdalen] Retired clergy (was Re: Epiphany)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 12 22:49:51 UTC 2016

On 12/01/2016 01:46, Mahoney, W. Michael wrote:
> Incidentally, I regard our diocesan policy regarding retired clergy to
> be both cruel and dumb. Mike M.

What is that policy?  Here in the Church of England we can still attend
Chapter meetings and we are allowed representation, one person per ten
clergy with Permission to Officiate rounded up to the next whole number,
on Deanery Synod.  Such representatives are part of the electorate, and
potential candidates, for election to diocesan and general synod.  The
rest of us have neither voice nor vote in the synods of the Church we
have served, and continue to serve when asked.

Roger