[Magdalen] Retired clergy (was Re: Epiphany)

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Wed Jan 13 04:50:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mike, I'm still wondering about our diocesan policy on retired clergy that
> you spoke about. What is it?

Grace -

I am sorry.  I was far less than clear.  I was thinking about the diocesan
policies that dictate how a retired rector and spouse must separate
themselves from the community in which they have lived for forty years or
more.

There is an irony here, though.  A retired priest must absent him or
herself from his or her former parish.  But, if they remain canonically
resident in the diocese, they must attend Annual Council, or submit a
written excuse.

Mike M.