[Magdalen] TEC suspended from Anglican Communion

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:25:02 UTC 2016

Well, as I understand it, this body actually has no authority to do this.
They can vote on it all they want, but they don't get to make the final
decision.The Primates Meeting, which was formed by ABC Coggan, was only to
be a council of advice to the ABC. The Anglican Consultative Council sets
policy, and they meet in April. So this isn't over.

 It's interesting that the only problem issue they mention is same sex
marriage.  Nothing in there about ordaining gay and lesbian folks. So I
guess if a person is in a same-sex relationship, it's OK for them to be
ordained as long as they aren't married. A civil partnership ceremony would
be OK. And here I thought it was Gene Robinson's ordination to the
episcopate that was the event that started all of this...
Oh, and the statement says that marriage is a lifelong bond between a man
and a woman, so I guess next they'll go after those provinces that permit
divorce and remarriage!  These primates may end up being the ACC all by
themselves...

Molly, someone told me that the reason they didn't do the same thing with
Canada is that Canada hasn't yet voted to make SSM legal.

I think the whole thing is just smoke and mirrors.  We might just be able
to spend more time and effort on real ministry if we stop trying to please
everyone in the AC.

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*We must cry out against injustice or by our silence consent to it.
Dorothy Day*