[Magdalen] TEC suspended from Anglican Communion

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:36:03 UTC 2016

from Thinkinganglicans: "We are pleased that Archbishop Foley Beach of the
Anglican Church in North America has played a full part in the Canterbury
meeting of Primates"

This is WOW to  me. That the ACNA has played a full part in the meeting, IF
TRUE (and not a leap of verbiage on the author), it is an interesting and
integral part in this whole piece.  I no longer remember the details, but do
not think that they are full members of the AC. I would be troubled if that
came to pass during this 3 years time of reflection.

I don not think that Justin or the 'Communion' desires lockstep but
something more, and something better. I believe that this is not a rejection
but a time of space. A lot has happened in 3 years in 'our church' and in
the USA and in the world. Another three years may see other changes that
will continue to inform this time of a different relationship - we are not
'out' of the communion, we are just not going to be representing it. I don't
see it as a separation or a rejection. It seems more as a 'time out'.  Some
will never find any decision besides banishment enough. Some may see this
time out as enough, some may be surprised what 2019 may  bring. I hope it
will be a time of deep discernment. Those who probably have already declared
that is not necessary may be playing a waiting game which is not what I
believe is the intent. Some want punishment and already see this as censure
and separation (this post I quoted from), while seems to me a time of being
humbled by 'standing by' while others take positions formerly filled by TEC.
Will it be a time of listening? It can only be time of listening IF TEC
listens too during these three years. I pray that the Communion will
continue to listen as well. I am reminded that when my first child was a
teenager I grasped the concept that some feel listened to ONLY when their
way is given ascent. I do fear that ACNA and others in North America may
spin this beyond what it is meant to be.  I do sincerely hope there is space
to listen to the spirit.

I will be eager to read  what I hope will be more balanced reactions to this
in the world press, and more reporting.  I will be interested to watch TEC
react from both  'on high' and from every last person who will speak about
it.  I hope that *we* do not trend/tend toward the 'we don't need you', as I
think that would be bad form on our part.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr