[Magdalen] What The Rev. Ginny Wilder wrote on Facebook

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:20:47 UTC 2016

Our rector preached on it, and basically came out first with the point that
this meeting has absolutely no authority to attempt to order what it has
attempted to order. Yet, of course, we will be open to discussions, as has
been the case all along.

We have discussed this thing til we are all blue in the face, and I presume
we'll continue to do so.

We have no control over the fact that those other departments of
Anglicanism are in countries that are hopelessly poisoned with
anti-homosexual fear and hatred, nor can we control the deadly force of
Islam breathing down their necks on a daily basis.  All we can do is
continue to do what's right as God gives us to discern what is right.

An aside of his sermon mentioned that at that meeting of those "august"
leaders, their own countrymen were there to accuse them of dropping the
ball very badly in terms of treating their gay brothers and sisters in
accordance with Christian decency. Not a word about those folks.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford