[Magdalen] Lutheran-Catholic Concordat.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:21:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 2:36 AM, Arthur Laurent <ALaurent at npr.org> wrote:
> Especially when I was in the service, I always spoke privately with a Catholic chaplain before Mass (I've been at the end of many Reconcilation/confession lines...) just to warn them and seek their permission, I guess. To a man they said I was welcome to participate and receive Communion.

When I became a Benedictine oblate of Saint Meinrad Archabbey (RC), I
told the oblate director I assumed that as an Anglican I was not to
receive Communion at Mass. He said it was clear to him that I knew the
rule, but (and he looked into my eyes intently), "No one who comes
forward to receive Communion is ever turned away here."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA