[Magdalen] Lutheran-Catholic Concordat.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 14:46:07 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/22/2016 3:36:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ALaurent at npr.org writes:

I've  never been refused Communion at a Catholic  Mass.>>>>>>

I think the practice is allowing communion on a temporary basis, but
if long communication is anticipated, then enrollment in the RICA
Program of preparation for Confirmation is the norm.  The  Military
is a frequent exception to the normal rules.

I was staying at a hotel in Kronberg im Taunus (mountains) during
a vacation in Germany about 35 years ago, and it was convenient
to attend & communicate at a RC Mass at Saint Ursula's Church in
nearby Oberusel im Taunus.  I knew the church was medieval, but
to my surprise and delight, there was a "nodding choir.".

A nodding choir is a church with the architectural choir on a  slightly
different axis than the rest of the church.  How appropriate for  a
communion of a medievalist!

However, I've known a great many choirs who have nodded off
during sermons.

http://www.oberursel.de/en/tourism/information/sightseeing/historic-building
s/st-ursulas-church/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWNtPQogHYs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronberg_im_Taunus

http://www.schlosshotel-kronberg.de/en/home

David Strang....Feeling wistful that I can no longer explore  these
wonderful villages of Germany.  The complete absence of  trash
and decay in the buildings should be noted.