[Magdalen] Lutheran-Catholic Concordat.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 22 17:12:37 UTC 2016

On 22/01/2016 14:46, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> In a message dated 1/22/2016 3:36:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> ALaurent at npr.org writes:
>
> I've  never been refused Communion at a Catholic  Mass.>>>>>>
>
> I think the practice is allowing communion on a temporary basis, but
> if long communication is anticipated, then enrollment in the RICA
> Program of preparation for Confirmation is the norm.

That is the official position of the Church of England.  All those who
are baptised and communicant members of their own Church are welcome to
receive.  However if they are receiving over a long period which appears
likely to continue indefinitely then " the minister shall set before him
the normal requirements of the Church of England for communicant status
in that Church."  Basically they should be told that they should seek
confirmation or reception into thew Church of England.

> The  Military is a frequent exception to the normal rules.

That is understandable as the Chaplains are part of a team that seeks to
work together to minister to the units they are with. Often there won't
be a Chaplain of the appropriate denomination.

> I was staying at a hotel in Kronberg im Taunus (mountains) during
> a vacation in Germany about 35 years ago, and it was convenient
> to attend & communicate at a RC Mass at Saint Ursula's Church in
> nearby Oberusel im Taunus.  I knew the church was medieval, but
> to my surprise and delight, there was a "nodding choir.".
>
> A nodding choir is a church with the architectural choir on a  slightly
> different axis than the rest of the church.  How appropriate for  a
> communion of a medievalist!

I have come across old churches like that but didn't know there was a
proper name for them.  I assume it happened because the church was built
in two or more phases and they got the alignment slightly wrong when
extending, or there was some reason why they couldn't extend along the
proper alignment.

Roger