[Magdalen] The Theology of Clerical Beards

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 22 17:23:50 UTC 2016

>>>When I see the stylised beards some men have sich as a narrow strip
trimmed short following the jaw line I wonder why.  Keeping it trimmed
must be a lot more work that a proper shave every day.<<<

Or just letting it go (within reason) and keeping it combed as best one can between occasional modest trims aimed less at appearance than for basic maintenance.

Fully bearded since 19 yrs old, minus a small stretch in 2003 when I genuinely wanted to go fully shorn from then on, but my skin simply won't hear of it ("The Beard of Necessity").