[Magdalen] The Theology of Clerical Beards

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 17:27:34 UTC 2016

My Israeli friend Yitzhak has been fully bearded most of his adult life,
but he says every couple of years he shaves to "let his face breathe". The
first time he did it, his oldest son Yishai screamed in fear when he saw
his clean-shaven dad, so thereafter while his boys were young, he always
had them watch him take it off.