[Magdalen] The Theology of Clerical Beards

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 20:41:22 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/22/2016 3:27:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

makes it  so different from
his natural speaking voice that it's like another mode of  speech
entirely.>>>>>>

I admire people that can mimic other accents, and even those of
English as a second language.  I can do a fair Norwegian accent,
(speaking English) but that's it.

My daughter, Wendy,OTOH, can mimic accents quite easily.  A  woman
next door to us in Eau Claire had a peculiar brogue, and she would
always answer her phone:   mmmYEL-o.

To be silly, since it seemed everyone in Eau Claire recognized this
greeting, Wendy would answer our phone with the same mmmYEL-o
(for Hello).  This was good for lots of laughs until one day the
next door women herself called us, and Wendy came on with her own
mmmYEL-o.  That wasn't so funny.

David Strang.