[Magdalen] British actors (was Clerical Beards)

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:22:11 UTC 2016

Off topic, but I'm often amazed by the number of British and Irish actors
who appear in American TV shows with pitch perfect American accents.

The Guardian wrote a piece about it:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/05/us-rallies-to-stop-uk-taking-hollywood-by-storm

Back to original topic, hair salons in South Africa have started selling a
range of products designed for beards and moustaches. I'm still not a fan
of a close-up beard or even a distant one unless kept well clear of the
mouth.

If I had a favourite it would be our star cricket batsman, Hashim Amla,
"The Beard To Be Feared". His beard just exudes chill factor somehow, in
harmony with the rest of him.

Sally D