[Magdalen] British actors (was Clerical Beards)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 21:20:28 UTC 2016

On Sat,  Jan 23, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Cantor03--- via  Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> North American,  Australian, South African, and New Zealand
> English stand up to RP just  fine and sound good on their

I should have included on this list, Irish English.  I've read  that
accent is similar to the general English accent of Shakespeare's
time.  In fact, I think it was at Harvard that one of his plays  was
done in Irish English.  There is a professor Crystal who has
studied this. ("OP").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s

David Strang.