[Magdalen] Eastern USA weather

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 07:02:40 UTC 2016

When I last checked at about 1:30 pm, we had 36" (yes, 3') here and then it
kept snowing until about midnight.  I suspect it was close to 40".

Have I mentioned that I share Jay's hatred of snow?   My late mother-in-law
always said "Snow is a 4-letter word" and I agree.

It'll take a week to really dig out.

BTW, I noticed this online:

A MESSAGE FROM BISHOP BRANSFIELD TO THE CATHOLIC COMMUNITY IN WEST
VIRGINIA:

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ:

Because of the heavy snow blanketing much of West Virginia and the region,
the lay faithful of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston are relieved of
their obligation to attend Mass this weekend.

Travel conditions vary across the diocese, but in most cases roads remain
treacherous, and safety must remain our paramount consideration.

I urge you to please check on your neighbors, especially those who are ill,
at risk or who are elderly. I also ask you to pray individually or as a
family, remembering all those who are affected so drastically as a result
of the snow.

Know that you remain in my prayers as we prepare to recover from this
massive snow storm.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

+Most Reverend Michael J. Bransfield
Bishop of Wheeling-Charleston

​And from my priest:

My beloved in the Lord and dear friends,

The Divine Liturgy scheduled for Sunday, January 24 has been cancelled due
to Winter Storm Jonas, the predicted heavy snow and dangerous driving
conditions.

If possible, please stay home and be safe. God bless.
In
​His Service
,

*Protopresbyter Panagiotis Papanikolaou*
Presiding Priest
Dormition of the Theotokos Greek Orthodox Church
1700 Amherst Street, Winchester, VA 22601
Tel: 540.667.1416     Fax: 540.667.1990 ​

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8