[Magdalen] My own Leaving...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 25 09:00:59 UTC 2016

On 24/01/2016 23:32, Marion Thompson wrote:
> One more Sunday before my leave of absence.  It has come to light that
> at the start of the year our P-i-C met with the two wardens of the
> other church that we would hope to link with.  I (a deputy warden) had
> heard nothing of this meeting and neither had our ignored Rector's
> warden until last week's advisory board meeting when P-i-C spoke of
> it.  Today we found out tht the group he took to the meeting consisted
> of a former warden whom they thought could speak effectively to the
> case, the People's warden, and the Treasurer  'who knows the
> numbers'.  So neither the Rector's warden nor myself were told of the
> meeting prior to the event, even by an email, let alone asked if we
> could attend.

Yesterday I preached about the value and richness of Christian
diversity, and within our own Anglican tradition.  The second reading
from 1 Corinthians 12 was apposite to this.  I also pointed out the
folly of thinking tou have the monopoly of truth and the only way to do
things.  Sounds like your P-i-C and Bishop could have done with hearing,
really hearing, that message.

Roger